Freed Reads 49/101 Grand Blvd Joondalup WA, 6027 Australia
About our Website
1.1. Welcome to FreedReads.com (the 'Website'). This is a binding agreement ("agreement")
between you ("end users", "authors", "author agents", and "publishers") and Freed Reads.
1.2. The Website is operated by "Freed Reads" (ABN 64 551 422 830). Access to and use
of the Website, or any of its associated Products or Services, is provided by
Freed Reads. Please read these terms and conditions (the 'Terms') carefully. By
using, browsing and/or reading the Website, this signifies that you have read,
understood and agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree with the
Terms, you must cease usage of the Website, or any of Services, immediately.
1.3. The following describes how users of the Site who view, stream or review digital books
("End Users") and how they may review or use that work by the person or entity who posted
the work (the "Author" or "Publisher"). For the of simplicity sake, this Terms of Service
may use the term Author and Publisher interchangeably. The term "Author's Agent" refers
to the Author's duly authorised representative, who is fully authorised and empowered to
act on behalf of the Author in all matters described in this Agreement, and who may be
authorised to collect and receive directly the monies otherwise payable to Author (or
1.4. The folllowing also describes the rights and responsibilities of the Author and Freed Reads.
Any user of this Site who downloads, reads or previews any Work on the Site is referred
to as an "End User." or "Visitor.".
1.5. Freed Reads reserves the right to review and change any of the Terms by updating
this page at its sole discretion. When Freed Reads updates the Terms, it will use
reasonable endeavours to provide you with notice of updates to the Terms. Any
changes to the Terms take immediate effect from the date of their publication.
Before you continue, we recommend you keep a copy of the Terms for your
The Grant and the Territory
The Author hereby grants and assigns to Freed Reads the nonexclusive worldwide right to
digitally publish, distribute, market and live stream ("Publish") the work identified
on the front page of your submission (the "Work"). Since the terms of agreement with Freed Reads,
herein, is non-exclusive, the Author or Publisher is free to Publish, license,
market and sell their work elsewhere so long as the Author or Publisher is not
violating someone else's agreement or violating any laws.
3.1 Freed Reads will generally Publish any such submissions which do not violate,
or which do not appear to violate the Agreement.
3.2 Publication of Work As Is. Generally, Freed Reads will Publish Author's Work as it is
delivered to us, and not edit or modify the Work. Certain modifications may occur caused by
design conversions and optimisations that enhance user experience.
Freed Reads does not guarantee accurate preservation of the original Work's formatting.
Freed Reads has built-in free book editors tools that assist authors with their book formatting.
3.3 Publication at Option of Freed Reads. Freed Reads may decide not to Publish Author's
work or may decide to discontinue its publication of Author's work for any reason,
and no reason need be provided. Except in the cases of gross violations of this Terms of Service,
Freed Reads will make every attempt to provide reasonable notice to the Author via email,
up to and including providing instructions on how to remedy potential issues that might prevent
Freed Reads from listing the title or Work.
3.4 How to "Delete" Works from Freed Reads. Freed Reads may Publish the Work until Author
of the Work decides to un-publish the work (to unpublish, log in to the system,
click on "Manager" and then click the "Delete" button next to the respective work).
If author is unable to access the site, the author may notify Freed Reads in writing to
remove the Work. After that notice, Freed Reads will remove the work from freedreads.com within
five business days. Freed Reads will do its best to assist authors and publishers to have their
works removed, and to ensure authors/publishers who terminate their Freed Reads accounts
receive full payment for sales that may occur after account termination.
4.1 Removal of Infringing or Defamatory Work of Author.
Freed Reads takes claims of infringement seriously and may take immediate action upon notice
from someone claiming to be an Infringed party and pursuant to our DMCA policy
[see our DMCA policy at end of this document]. Generally, upon receipt of a written notice
from a party infringed or defamed by Author's material (or someone purporting to be his agent,
publisher, attorney in fact or assign), Freed Reads will remove the Author's Work and reserves
the right to remove any and all information about the Author,
the Author's Work or the publisher from the Site.
4.2 Infringement by Others Upon Author's Work. If an Author or copyright holder learns
that a third party is violating Author's copyright or pirating or illegally distributing a
Freed Reads-published work, the Author shall inform Freed Reads; however, it is the Author's
responsibility to seek relief from the offending parties. If that work is published on Freed Reads,
Freed Reads will remove it per section 3.1 above.
4.3 Rights Clearances and Other Legal Matters. It is Author's responsibility to secure
permissions to the Work prior to the time Author submits such work if any material from the
work belongs to, or has been licensed to, someone else.
The warranties and representations contained in this Agreement extend to Author and its
licensees and successors and assigns. By uploading content to Freed Reads,
you agree that any violation of the warranties below may result in immediate deletion
of your account and the forfeiture of accrued earnings.
6.1. By submitting Your Work to Freed Reads for publication, You, the Author or the
Author you represent (if you are an Agent or Publisher) author's Publisher or Agent or Distributor,
warrant and represent that the work (the book) is complete and the author:
(1) is the only author of the Work;
(2) is the sole owner of the rights herein granted;
(3) has not assigned, pledged, or encumbered such rights or have not entered into any agreement which would conflict with the rights granted to Freed Reads herein; and agrees not to do any of the aforementioned without first unpublishing the work at Freed Reads.
(4) has full right, power, and authority to enter into this Agreement and to grant the rights granted hwww.freedreads.comerein.
(5) the content you are uploading to Freed Reads meets the definition of "a book" or a complete stort story.
6.2. You further warrant that the Work contains no materials which:
(1) violate any right of privacy which is libelous or violate any personal right or other right of any kind of any person or entity (this includes publishing a person's private email address without their permission);
(2) would violate any of Your contracts or would disclose any information given to You on the understanding that it would not be published or disclosed;
(3) plagiarize or pirate any other work or infringe upon any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right;
(4) Are injurious to End-Users or others including but not limited to recipes, formulae or instructions
(5) violate state and federal laws.
(6) advocates hateful, discriminatory or racist views or actions toward others
(7) advocates or condones violence against another person, whether or not the other party is a willing participant
(8) advocate illegal activities
(9) advocates the use of Private Label Rights (PLR) content to make money on the Internet, or the modification of such content for the creation of Internet content
(10) contain images or illustrations depicting individuals perpetrating graphic violence upon another individual or individuals
(11) Fine art books of a non-erotic nature that contain nudity may be accepted on a case by case basis at the sole discretion of Freed Reads and/or its retail partners
(12) contain hyperlinks to affiliate marketing pages, especially if the ebook is published for the sole intent of publishing hyperlinked content that directs readers to affiliate marketing pages
(13) advocate or promote "systems" about how to make money on the Internet by publishing ebooks
(14) advocate or promote "get-rich-quick" schemes and systems
(15) contains SEO keyword spam, either in your manuscript or your metadata tags
(16) contains advertisements for products or services, or is intended to act as an advertising or upselling vehicle for products or services
(17) contains incomplete information and prompts the reader to access external resources or services that require registration or payment
(18) is an incomplete book for the purpose of promoting the purchase of the complete book elsewhere or on Freed Reads. Books priced at FREE are held to this same standard.
(19) makes false, misleading or inaccurate claims or promises in the book or book description
(20) is not the same book you previously published at Freed Reads, then republished as a new book for the sole purpose of having it appear as a new book again.
6.3. You further warrant the book meets the following standards for originality:
(1) this is not a public domain work;
(2) the book does not include word-for-word scrapes - or is not a compilation - from Wikipedia or other public domain, government or commercial services;
(3) your books do not and will not appear elsewhere on the Internet authored by people other than yourself or by pen names (pseudonyms) different from your pen name at Freed Reads;
(4) none of your book content, either in part or in its entirety, is sourced from "Private Label Rights" articles (a.k.a. "PLR"), article "spinners," books rewritten from PLR, or ebooks or information sources which license the same content to other people;
(5) you're not uploading generic, undifferentiated works (such as "101 Household Cleaning Tips"). If it's not 100% original, or if it looks like PLR, it's not allowed on Freed Reads.
(6) does not contain or comprise machine-generated language translations (all translated books must be human-translated and edited, not translated by language translation software such as Google Translate).
6.4. You further warrant the book represents a complete work:
(1) this is not an unfinished work-in-progress;
(2) the uploaded file is not a partial sample or sample chapter, or is not a collection of sample chapters, or not simply a catalog advertising other books or products
(3) the work is complete and self-contained, and does not try to upsell the user to purchase, or register for, access to information that should have been contained in the book;
(4) the title meets the definition of "book" or "story." Short incomplete ramblings or works that read more like brochures than books are not allowed.
(5) the uploaded book represents a complete story with a beginning, middle and end. Exception: Serials are allowed. Each serial cover image should be different, even if the only difference is a notation on the cover image about the serial's position or episode number in the series. To avoid customer confusion, we recommend it should be clearly identified as a serial in the book description and the serial episodes should be linked together using the Freed Reads Series Manager tool.
6.5. Special guidelines for erotic literature:
Freed Reads has always allowed a wide range of erotic literature, and has been a
strong industry advocate to protect the ability of authors and publishers to publish
legal erotica, and for readers to enjoy it. Like all publishers at Freed Reads,
erotic literature authors and publishers are held to all the requirements listed above
and below in the Freed Reads Terms of Service. For the benefit of our erotica authors
and publishers, we've created this special breakout section in the ToS to provide
additional guidance unique to erotic literature. We understand that there are many gray
areas when it comes to erotic content, so any attempt to define black and white policy is
fraught with risk that it might be unevenly or inconsistently applied.
In the spirit of providing the greatest possible transparency, we define what we can define.
These extra guidelines below are intended to help authors and publishers maximise the
distribution of their erotic content; help avoid crossing lines that would be detrimental
to their publishing and/or detrimental to their fellow community of professional erotic
writers; and avoid publishing content that would be detrimental to their relationship with
retailers, library partners and Freed Reads. These guidelines are subject to change.
As you'll see below, a few taboo categories have been identified as allowed at this time
but not encouraged. These categories should be considered "under watch" and subject to
additional review scrutiny or removal, and subject to future policy changes due to legal
or business considerations, or subject to policy change if too many of the publishers in
these discouraged categories push the limits of acceptability, or subject to individual
title or publisher removal if an individual publisher publishes high volumes of this
discouraged content or pushes other limits of acceptability. These guidelines will be
enforced at the sole discretion of Freed Reads. Thank you for your understanding as we
work to preserve the greatest level of publishing freedom for our professional erotic
writers and publishers.
(1) Neither the book cover nor the book interior of erotic content may contain graphic images of nudity (either photographic or illustrated) or persons involved in sex acts
(2) Erotica authors and publishers must categorize their books under fiction: erotica when uploading to Freed Reads, and must maintain these categories. If an author or publisher mis-categorises erotic content under non-erotic categories, they risk either removal of the work or account termination, at the discretion of Freed Reads.
(3) Freed Reads recommends that book descriptions and titles for erotic literature should be kept "PG-13." Excessive profanity in book descriptions may lead to further scrutiny and review, or blocked distribution or removal from Freed Reads.
(4) Freed Reads has a zero tolerance policy for underage erotica (characters under age 18), and this policy has been in effect since the beginning of Freed Reads in 2008. Underage erotica is strictly forbidden, and the upload of such will lead to immediate account termination. In erotic literature, children or underage minors cannot be engaged in sexual acts or situations, bear witness to such situations, be shown considering sexual acts, or be shown thinking about sexual acts.
(5) "Barely legal" erotica is strongly discouraged, and is subject to additional review and may be removed without notice at the sole determination of Freed Reads, especially if characters are in situations - or have mannerisms - that suggest that the characters are actually underage.
(6) Rape erotica, where the predominant theme is rape violence for titillation, is strongly discouraged, and is subject to additional review and may be removed at the sole determination of Freed Reads.
(7) Scat erotica is prohibited.
(8) Snuff and necrophilia erotica is prohibited
(9) Bestiality erotica is prohibited. A one-off title is more likely to be acceptable than if a publisher is publishing dozens or hundreds of such titles. At Freed Reads discretion, such content may be removed or accounts closed.
(10) Incest and pseudo-incest (sexual relations among non-biologically related relatives) erotica is allowed.
Your obligations as a Member
As a Member, you agree to comply with the following:
(a) you will use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by:
(i) the Terms; and
(ii) any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or
guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions;
(b) you have the sole responsibility for protecting the confidentiality of your
password and/or email address. Use of your password by any other person
may result in the immediate cancellation of the Services;
(c) any use of your registration information by any other person, or third
parties, is strictly prohibited. You agree to immediately notify Freed Reads of
any unauthorised use of your password or email address or any breach of
security of which you have become aware;
(d) access and use of the Website is limited, non-transferable and allows for
the sole use of the Website by you for the purposes of Freed Reads providing
(e) you will not use the Services or the Website in connection with any
commercial endeavours except those that are specifically endorsed or
approved by the management of Freed Reads;
(f) you will not use the Services or Website for any illegal and/or unauthorised
use which includes collecting email addresses of Members by electronic or
other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorised
framing of or linking to the Website;
(g) you agree that commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms
of solicitation may be removed from the Website without notice and may
result in termination of the Services. Appropriate legal action will be taken
by Fourborn for any illegal or unauthorised use of the Website; and
(h) you acknowledge and agree that any automated use of the Website or its
Services is prohibited.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
11.1. The Website, the Services and all of the related products of Freed Reads are subject
to copyright. The material on the Website is protected by copyright under the
laws of Australia and through international treaties. Unless otherwise indicated,
all rights (including copyright) in the Services and compilation of the Website
(including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images,
audio clips, Website, code, scripts, design elements and interactive features) or
the Services are owned or controlled for these purposes, and are reserved by
Freed Reads, its contributors and Authors.
11.2. All trademarks, service marks and trade names are owned, registered and/or
licensed by Freed Reads and the copyright in the Work shall belong to the Author or
the party that Author cites as the copyright holder, who grant to Subscribers and
End Users a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable license to:
(a) use the Website pursuant to the Terms;
(b) copy and store the Website and the material contained in the Website in
your device's cache memory; and
(c) print pages from the Website for your own personal and non-commercial
Freed Reads does not grant you any other rights whatsoever in relation to the
Website or the Services. All other rights are expressly reserved by Freed Reads.
11.3. Freed Reads retains all rights, title and interest in and to the Website and all related
Services. Nothing you do on or in relation to the Website will transfer any:
(a) business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark, industrial design,
patent, registered design or copyright, or
(b) a right to use or exploit a business name, trading name, domain name,
trade mark or industrial design, or
(c) a thing, system or process that is the subject of a patent, registered design
or copyright (or an adaptation or modification of such a thing, system or
process), to you.
11.4. You may not, without the prior written permission of Freed Reads and the permission
of any other relevant rights owners: broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party,
transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the
Services or third party Services for any purpose, unless otherwise provided by
these Terms. This prohibition does not extend to materials on the Website which
are freely available for re-use or are in the public domain.
11.5. You acknowledge and agree that the Freed Reads Site and Service are proprietary
to Freed Reads and that the Work is proprietary to the Author; none are proprietary to End User.
Freed Reads takes your privacy seriously and any information provided through your
which is available on the Website.
13.1. Nothing in the Terms limits or excludes any guarantees, warranties,
representations or conditions implied or imposed by law, including the Australian
Consumer Law (or any liability under them) which by law may not be limited or
13.2. Subject to this clause, and to the extent permitted by law:
(a) all terms, guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions which are
not expressly stated in the Terms are excluded; and
(b) Freed Reads will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss or
damage (unless such loss or damage is reasonably foreseeable resulting
from our failure to meet an applicable Consumer Guarantee), loss of profit
or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with
the Services or these Terms (including as a result of not being able to use
the Services or the late supply of the Services), whether at common law,
under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, pursuant to statute or
13.3. Use of the Website and the Services is at your own risk. Everything on the
Website and the Services is provided to you "as is" and "as available" without
warranty or condition of any kind. None of the affiliates, directors, officers,
employees, agents, contributors and licensors of Freed Reads make any express or
implied representation or warranty about the Services or any products or
Services (including the products or Services of Freed Reads) referred to on the
Website. This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer
as a result of any of the following:
(a) failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure
to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or
other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful
third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access
(b) the accuracy, suitability or currency of any information on the Website, the
Services, or any of its Services related products (including third party
material and advertisements on the Website);
(c) costs incurred as a result of you using the Website, the Services or any of
the products of Freed Reads; and
(d) the Services or operation in respect to links which are provided for your
13.3. While using the Site, Services or Work, End Users and Visitors agree to not:
(a) violate any laws, third party rights, or any policies which we have posted on the Site from time to time;
(b) upload any material which violates this Terms of Service;
(c) use the Site, Service or Work if you are not able to form legally binding contracts, are under the age of 18, or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from our Site;
(d) circumvent or manipulate our fee structure or the billing process;
(e) use robots, spiders, shills or other methods in an attempt to unfairly game the site's ranking systems for downloads, reviews and sales, or hire others to do the same
(f) engage in advertising, marketing, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or money laundering involving or using the Work from the Site;
(g) distribute viruses, malware or any other technologies that may harm Freed Reads, or the interests or property of Freed Reads users;
(h) copy, modify, or distribute content from the Site, or Freed Reads' copyrights and trademarks;
(i) engage in abusive or profane behavior toward Freed Reads, its employees, its authors, fellow users or retail partners; or
(j) threaten Freed Reads with legal action due to inaccurate book listings or failure to remove books in a timely manner
Disclaimer of Publisher's Warranties
14.1. DRM, Piracy and the "Trust" System. Freed Reads is a strong proponent of author's
rights, and the right of authors and copyright owners to receive compensation for their
digitally published Works. Therefore, Freed Reads strongly discourages piracy/infringement of
Author Work. There is a growing body of evidence indicating that DRMed Works do not sell
as well as non-DRMed Work because customers resent limitations and don't appreciate being mistrusted,
Freed Reads overcomes both problems by allowing Members unlimited access to Authors Work
without providing them a priate-able media like an eBook / ePub / Mobi file.
Non-DRMed Works often outsell DRMed Works by leveraging the viral nature of uninhibited sampling
and sharing which can dramatically increase your total audience and sales opportunities.
You understand that Freed Reads is distributing the Works according to this so described
14.2. Events Voiding Warranty. Freed Reads does not warrant the:
(a) defects caused by failure to provide a suitable installation environment for the Product,
(b) damage caused by disasters such as acts of God, wars, riots, strikes, terrorism, governmental restrictions, fire, flood, wind, and lightening,
(c) damage caused by unauthorized attachments, modifications or mis-configurations to the Freed Reads Environment, or:
(d) any other abuse or misuse by Author or the End-Users. Any breach of the End-User License Agreement by or on behalf of an End-User, including, without limitation, unauthorized modification or distribution of the Product or any portion thereof, will void any and all warranties.
14.3. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. All Works and the Service is provided to End Users "AS IS"
and "WITH ALL FAULTS." THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE SELECTION AND USE OF THE FREEDREADS SERVICE
OR ANY MODIFICATIONS THERETO OR THE WORK IS WITH AUTHOR AND END-USERS. FREEDREADS DOES NOT WARRANT
THAT THE PRODUCT OR MODIFICATIONS WILL MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF END-USERS. TO THE EXTENT THAT
FREEDREADS MAY NOT, AS A MATTER OF APPLICABLE LAW, DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY, THE SCOPE AND DURATION
OF SUCH WARRANTY SHALL BE THE MINIMUM PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
14.4. LIMITATION ON DAMAGES. IN NO CASE SHALL FREEDREADS BE LIABLE TO AUTHOR OR END-USERS,
OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY, FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES OF ANY KIND. IN NO CASE SHALL FREEDREADS OR ITS RETAILERS BE LIABLE FOR ERRORS OF ANY
KIND THAT RESULT IN SHIPMENT OR AVAILABILITY DELAYS, MISPRICINGS, OR INACCURATE OR INCOMPLETE PRODUCT LISTINGS.
It is the Author/Publisher's responsibility to monitor retailer listings and report errors to Freed Reads,
in which case Freed Reads on a best efforts basis will strive to work with the retailer to correct the error.
In the event that Freed Reads is found liable for any damages, for any reason whatsoever,
Author hereby expressly agrees that, in no event will Freed Reads' liability to Author exceed the
amounts collected by Freed Reads for the Author's book in question.
Limitation of liability
15.1. Freed Reads's total liability arising out of or in connection with the Services or these
Terms, however arising, including under contract, tort (including negligence), in
equity, under statute or otherwise, will not exceed the resupply of the Services to
15.2. You expressly understand and agree that Freed Reads, its employees shall
not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential
or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability.
This shall include, but is not limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or
indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation and any other intangible
Termination of Contract
16.1. The Terms will continue to apply until terminated by either you or by Freed Reads as
set out below.
16.2. If you want to terminate the Terms, you may do so by:
(a) not renewing the Subscription prior to the end of the Subscription Period;
(b) providing Freed Reads with 3 days' notice of your intention to terminate; and
(c) closing your accounts for all of the services which you use, where Freed Reads
has made this option available to you.
Your notice should be sent, in writing, to Freed Reads via the 'Contact Us' link on our
16.3. Freed Reads may at any time, terminate the Terms with you if:
(a) you do not renew the Subscription at the end of the Subscription Period;
(b) you have breached any provision of the Terms or intend to breach any
(c) Freed Reads is required to do so by law;
(d) the provision of the Services to you by Freed Reads is, in the opinion of
Freed Reads, no longer commercially viable.
16.4. Subject to local applicable laws, Freed Reads reserves the right to discontinue or
cancel your membership at any time and may suspend or deny, in its sole
discretion, your access to all or any portion of the Website or the Services without
notice if you breach any provision of the Terms or any applicable law or if your
conduct impacts Freed Reads's name or reputation or violates the rights of those of
17.1. You agree to indemnify Freed Reads, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors,
third party content providers and licensors from and against:
(a) all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and
damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred, suffered or
arising out of or in connection with Your Content;
(b) any direct or indirect consequences of you accessing, using or transacting
on the Website or attempts to do so; and/or
(c) any breach of the Terms.
uh (except where urgent interlocutory relief is sort).
A party to the Terms claiming a dispute ('Dispute') has arisen under the Terms, must
give written notice to the other party detailing the nature of the dispute, the desired
outcome and the action required to settle the Dispute.
On receipt of that notice ('Notice') by that other party, the parties to the Terms
(a) Within 14 days of the Notice endeavour in good faith to resolve the Dispute
expeditiously by negotiation or such other means upon which they may
(b) If for any reason whatsoever, 30 days after the date of the Notice, the
Dispute has not been resolved, the Parties must either agree upon
selection of a mediator or request that an appropriate mediator be
appointed by the President of the Australian Mediation Association or his or
(c) The Parties are equally liable for the fees and reasonable expenses of a
mediator and the cost of the venue of the mediation and without limiting the
foregoing undertake to pay any amounts requested by the mediator as a
pre-condition to the mediation commencing. The Parties must each pay
their own costs associated with the mediation;
(d) The mediation will be held in Western Australia, Australia.
All communications concerning negotiations made by the Parties arising out of and in
connection with this dispute resolution clause are confidential and to the extent
possible, must be treated as "without prejudice" negotiations for the purpose of
applicable laws of evidence.
17.5. Termination of Mediation:
If 3 months have elapsed after the start of a mediation of the Dispute and the Dispute
has not been resolved, either Party may ask the mediator to terminate the mediation
and the mediator must do so.
Freed Reads does not engage in spam, nor does it share, rent or sell the personal
contact information of its members with third parties.
Freed Reads authors are prohibited from promoting their works via spam email.
Freed Reads authors who are found to be spamming will risk termination of their account,
removal of their works and forfeiture of accrued earnings.
Venue and Jurisdiction
The Services offered by Freed Reads is intended to be viewed by residents of Australia. In
the event of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Website, you agree that the
exclusive venue for resolving any dispute shall be in the courts of Western Australia,
The Terms are governed by the laws of Western Australia, Australia. Any dispute,
controversy, proceeding or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way
relating to the Terms and the rights created hereby shall be governed, interpreted and
construed by, under and pursuant to the laws of Western Australia, Australia, without
reference to conflict of law principles, notwithstanding mandatory rules. The validity of
this governing law clause is not contested. The Terms shall be binding to the benefit of
the parties hereto and their successors and assigns.
Independent Legal Advice
Both parties confirm and declare that the provisions of the Terms are fair and
reasonable and both parties having taken the opportunity to obtain independent legal
advice and declare the Terms are not against public policy on the grounds of inequality
or bargaining power or general grounds of restraint of trade.
If any part of these Terms is found to be void or unenforceable by a Court of competent
jurisdiction, that part shall be severed and the rest of the Terms shall remain in force.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Notice Policy
Freed Reads is a distributor, and does not own the works uploaded to Freed Reads.
When authors, agents or publishers upload material to Freed Reads, they certify to Freed Reads
their agreement to this Terms of Service, in which they certify they are legally permitted to upload such works.
Allegations of copyright violations against Freed Reads authors, agents and publishers are extremely rare.
Nevertheless, Freed Reads maintains a zero-tolerance policy regarding copyright infringement and we welcome
infringed parties to notify us if they believe their material is being distributed by Freed Reads.
(1) If you feel that content posted on the Freed Reads Site infringes on your copyright(s), please immediately contact the Freed Reads support team by clicking the "support" link at the bottom of any page.
(2) If Freed Reads takes action in response to an infringement notice, it will make a good faith attempt to contact the party that made such content available by means of the most recent known email address.
To help us help you, infringement notices should include;
(1) An electronic signature and full name, address, phone number and email address of the copyright owner and the person authorized to act on their behalf;
(2) An identification of the copyright claimed to have been infringed;
(3) the location and nature of the content that Infringed party claims to have infringed upon its copyright, in sufficient detail to permit Freed Reads to identify that content, such as a direct hyperlink to the infringing book listed at Freed Reads;
(4) hyperlinks, if available, to the original author's (the infringed party) work to help Freed Reads investigate and support your case;
(5) and a statement by the Infringed:
(a) that you believe in good faith that the use of the content that you claim to infringe your copyright is not authorized by law, or by the copyright owner or such owner's agent;
(b) under penalty of perjury, that all of the information contained in your Infringement Notice is accurate, and
(c) a statement that you are either the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf.
Upon receipt of a written notice from a party infringed or defamed by Author's material
(or someone purporting to be his agent, publisher, attorney in fact or assign),
Freed Reads may remove the Author's Work and reserves the right to remove any and all information
about the Author, the Author's Work or the Publisher from the Site.
Freed Reads may allow corrected or legally vetted versions of the purportedly infringing or
defamatory Work to be posted again:
(1) with a stipulation between the parties that they have resolved their dispute,
(2) a court order or
(3) a certification by an independent attorney in whose professional opinion states that in the current version, the infringing material of which the purportedly infringed party has complained has been removed from the Work.
Freed Reads loves books just as much as you do, so prepare yourself for a glut of free books to suit all age-groups and in all genres. Read whole Novels & Books online or stream them right to your smart TV, game console, PC, Mac, mobile and tablet in our anti-piracy eBookless format! Web-capable device technology provider brands and book covers, titles and logos displayed here are all copyright their respective owners.
Freed Reads offers you the ultimate collection of free books, novels, short stories, poetry and plays.
Visit our fantasic and unlimited to read library of free book titles and picks including classic works, fairy tales, science fiction, epic fantasy, dark horror, mysteries, Victorian and modern day romance, business and photography fields, human drama, an adventure into history, christian ficiton and the hottest engaging young adults literature – we've got you covered.
Listen to your soul and browse our gorgous interface of beautifully designed free book covers.
Read a description that catches your eyes and with the single tap of a finger begin reading the works of current and award winning pieces from famous authors and leaders in free literature.
Read all the free books you wish right here today or in the future with your next cup of morning coffee or on your world travels.
Start reading your favourite titles and all the chapters you want straight off your computer, touch screen mobile or apple ipad at a time of your choosing using windows on your web browser.
Freed Reads is a book streaming system that requires no downloads, no application, no epub, no in store purchase, no need for an ereader, a Kindle or a Nook and it's all at your fingertips.
Keep progress of the titles you have read and updated. Add recommended titles and suggestions to your personal list from our wonderful and brilliant categories.
Rate novels you have already read and learn how to share books your reviews with your friend's and others live on Facebook and Twitter.
Freed Reads uses an easy to use and custom designed page turning technolgy making it easier for our customers to read their books using free books on any device.
Take a journey into a new world of books and reading with Freed Reads. Explore our exciting, interesting and interactive layout and chose a page mode that suits you best.
We keep your spot for you and your book will be waiting for you to simply pick up and continue reading instantly where you left off.